Leading by Example Webinar Coordinator
Be a part of the National Association of Professional and Peer Supporters of Color (NAPPLSC)! We are proud to announce that we are hiring a coordinator for our Leading by Example webinar series. NAPPLSC is a national organization whose mission is to cultivate a community of diverse professional and peer lactation supporters to transform communities of color through policy, breastfeeding and skilled lactation care.
The NAPPLSC “Leading by Example”webinar series is inspired by the Michelle Obama’s quote from her final public address as First Lady of the United States. She said:
“Be focused. Be determined. Be hopeful. Be empowered… Lead by example with hope.”
Our webinar series will:
Be focused. Webinars will focus on topics and subjects that center Communities of Color. We will focus on clinical lactation skills as well as diversity and inclusivity.
Be determined. We truly believe that breastfeeding is essential in addressing the poor health outcomes and disparities that plague communities of color. Webinars will promote social justice and racial equity in the field of lactation.
Be hopeful. Webinars will highlight champions, and promising programs and practices that have positive impacts in the field of lactation, and on racial equity.
Be empowered. All webinars will feature speakers of color. All too often people of color are asked to speak on diversity only, but rarely are we asked to present on clinical lactation. Lactation supporters of color make up some of the most skilled, compassionate and experienced colleagues in the field. It is time we honor and provide a national platform to share their knowledge, skills and expertise with our communities.
Lead by example with hope. It is our hope that this webinar series will inspire other lactation support organizations to look inward and see that decentering whiteness is an essential step in creating equity.
The webinar coordinator will coordinate the production of and moderate NAPPLSC webinars; find webinar presenters; and provide administrative and program support for the webinar program. (The webinar coordinator will not create or present academic content.) NAPPLSC seeks to fill the webinar coordinator position immediately with our 2020-2021 webinar series beginning July/August 2020. This is a paid contract job that can be done remotely.
▪ Develop and manage a calendar of webinars that will expand NAPPLSC members’ knowledge and skills
▪ Identify, vet, and recruit subject matter experts and webinar topics
▪ Coordinate scheduling and deliverables with webinar presenters
▪ Work with presenters to develop webinar descriptions
▪ Manage webinar registration including sending out reminders to webinar participants
▪ Promote all webinars including creating promotional materials
▪ Review presentation materials (if any) and provide feedback to presenters
▪ Organize and provide training to presenters during webinar rehearsals
▪ Moderate webinar rehearsals and live webinars
▪ Develop an evaluation tool to measure webinar effectiveness and implement improvements as necessary
▪ Apply for and secure continuing education credits (CERPS)
▪ Work closely with NAPPLSC treasurer to process prompt payment for webinar speakers
▪ After completion upload the webinar on to the NAPPLSC website for future viewing.
▪ Increase the number of webinars offered per year and, by strengthening webinar offerings, the number of participants who attend each webinar
- Current LSC membership in the National Association of Professional and Peer Lactation Supporters of Color (can be done after date of hire)
- Knowledge of and contact with various community members, scholars and professionals
- Proven project management skills with the ability to initiate and execute projects from start to finish
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and an engaging and confident voice
- Excellent attention to detail, demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, strong organizational skills, and dependability
- The ability to maintain a positive team-player attitude, work collaboratively and independently with diverse individuals, and resolve conflicts constructively
- Experience working remotely
- An understanding of webinar technology (Zoom)
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office and Canva for promotional materials
- The webinar coordinator will need to have a flexible schedule to accommodate presenter schedules week to week.
- Promoting webinars to potential attendees, including posting webinar information on the NAPPLSC website and social media as well as other relevant social media
- Technical production support during rehearsals and live webinars
- Post-production loading of webinar on the NAPPLSC webisite
The webinar coordinator position is a 12 month contracted position. The position will pay $300 a month for a total of 10 webinars produced. This accounts for approximately 10-15 hours of work a month.
To apply for the webinar coordinator position, please submit the following:
1. Letter of application, in which you address:
• your experience working on webinars or online education and in program management;
• a personal assessment of your qualifications and interest in this position;
2. Curriculum vitae or résumé
The NAPPLSC Board will review application materials beginning June 30, 2020, until the position is filled.
Please send your application materials via email or mail to: Camie Jae Goldhammer, NAPPLSC President Elect firstname.lastname@example.org with WEBINAR COORDINATOR POSITION in the subject heading.